What a great weekend! I got an extra day off from the big bosses and boy did we take advantage. It was a gloriously sunny day here and we hit the beach to catch some much needed rays (I can't remember ever being so pale - even when I lived in the sunless lands up north!) The days of my golden brown youth are well and truly gone... then again, I guess I don't get to spend my whole summer at the town swimming pool anymore either. That's kind of a pity, huh? I'm excited for our pool to open up here, shouldn't be much longer as warm as it's been the last few weeks. In the meantime, Mrs. and I have taken up a new sport and are gearing up for the Spring Softball season. It's kind of a new one for me (minus a few summer games me and big bro jumped in on in Rockville!), and definitely a new one for Mrs. We practiced last night for the first time, and I gotta say - she's a natural :) She almost took my head off a couple times and I was definitely Jumping Jim - I always was afraid of the ball as a kid, which is why I was a terrible baseball player! Anyway, we even managed a few sprints (carefully framed as "base-running" practice) and were feeling very good by the end of it! I could go for a three day weekend every week.... wonder if the big bosses would go for it...
-Mr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Missing the regular posts :-(
Post a Comment