Monday, February 25, 2008

And so it begins...

After a shocking cholesterol result of 250 (!) I sat my hubby (who is only in his late 20's)  down to a conversation that went something like this:
me: "Do you love me?"
him: "Of course I do!"
me: "Do you want us to have a long and happy life together?"
him: "Of course!"
me: "I'd rather be a divorcee than a widow"
him: "What?!"
me: "If you're just going to let yourself die, I'd rather leave and let us just be friends - I can hope to deal with my friend dying, but I would hate you if I lost the man I love because of something he could have fixed. So there're your choices."
him: "Okayeeee"

What followed was a really honest conversation where we realized we owe it to each other to have the healthiest, happiest lives we can and that means making some changes. It may have come from craziness and fear, but we love each other and we can do this - I'm ready to make my heart healthy husband!

Over the next year we are going to be trying to get healthy and this will be a warts and all blog of all of it. We love flavor and food, so if it tastes like sawdust we'll tell you :-) And both of us will post so you'll get a full picture.
Wish us luck and happy heart health!

Mrs.
xxx

No comments: