Monday, February 25, 2008

Shopping...

Yeah, so we had a good talk and then headed to the local bookshop. I love to bake and cook and I hate the thought of hubby having to give up all the foods he loves. And I know him well enough that if it's tastes like crap he's not going to stick with it, so I tottered up (a girl's gotta have her heels) the stairs - yes stairs and heels, a great combination for burning calories! The mecca at the top was the nutrition baking section, one I have always avoided because I thought that it was just common sense. And I like the cookery books with flashy pictures - not many of those in the granola/yoga/I'm so healthy I'm practically a saint section. Well, I trudged through, thinking of many more good years with Mr. Klink and lo and behold I found a phone book sized red book from the American Heart Association. Yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking - I was too - who wants to eat cardboard? Well apparently no one because the book is jam packed full of great ideas...even heart proofed versions of Mexican food, hubby's favorite! 
So I was carsick by the time we got home from reading out all the amazing things he can still eat, but there was a sparkle in his eye - he knows he can do it and so do I!

Mrs.
xxx

No comments: