Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Money, money , money.....

Sometimes I think it doesn't matter how much or little we get at the grocery shop, the bill always seems the same at the end....and it always seems crazy high to me. I mean, it's just food, basic ingredients...last time I checked we weren't tossing in tins of caviar and bottles of Brut! Why does food cost so much? The politicians and pundits freak out about rising gas prices but I don't remember hearing any speech where they said the price of food was rising through the roof, and they're certainly not paying too much attention to the millions of Americans who have to make the choice between rent/shelter costs and enough food! So, before I get off my soapbox, there's something you should know - we're not rich, we don't have thousands of dollars to throw around on fancy food items each month. We were worried about starting a low fat heart healthy diet - would that mean that as our waists were getting leaner, so would our wallets? Happily, the opposite is the case - out of that turkey lasagna we got 8, yep 8, big portions! Some for the freezer, some for our tummys but per portion it worked out about 60 cents! That's fantastic! Cost effective, heart healthy meals - give them a try!

Mrs

xxx

No comments: